Thursday, May 18, 2017

The Innovator's Mindset - Part One by George Couros

The Innovator’s Mindset by George Couros
(Part One)
My Thoughts:  From the first part of the book, I have learned that there is more to being innovative and having an innovator’s mindset than just wanting to change.  The desire and inspiration to facilitate change must be coupled with the characteristics of the innovator’s mindset.  I see that these characteristics are crucial, and that we all may struggle with one or more of them.  This is where desire will come to play.  With the desire to be a leader and an innovator, a person can work to be empathetic, a problem finder/solver, a risk taker, networked, observant, a creator, resilient and reflective. 
I learned that the old adage of “try, try again” isn’t always the right approach and that “work smarter” is a reality.  I believe that everyone has the ability to want to be a lifelong learner, given the right circumstances and that the innovator’s mindset is a key to providing students that opportunity.

So far the book is both inspirational and useful.  The mantra of an innovative educator at the end of part one is fantastic.  I found myself re-reading the mantra and thinking, “This is it! Truly, what could education become, how bright could our children shine if educators embraced this mindset.”


After reading the first part of the book, I feel motivated to get out there and start.  I realize, as the author says, that you don’t have to change everything and I am excited to look at my class and find at least one way in which I can begin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment